Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Good things come to those who wait long enough


Thanks Marc for sparkin'n the flame to a new missive on our crazy lives. Noah will be celebrating his first Birthday this weekend. Anybody in town is more than welcome. Anybody who wants to come is more than welcome too. Just let us know. I got to buy dogs, burgs an beer. Amie's big sister,Jenny, will be having her little girl tomorrow. Those are the goings on in our little world.
Jennifer, if your mom has not already thrown my little black book out, its ok to do so. Thank her and you for holding on to it so long. Hope you guys are doing well.
Marc, how was LA? I saw that it causes you to strip and drink Malt Liquor, but we need more details.
PEte and Karen, Happy birthday to baby Justin! I'm sorry I don't know Ethan's birthday.
I haven't forgotten every body, but if I didn't mention you specifically, I recognize you in spirit(s). By an by, I have recently(months) been in contact with Eric(my old roomie) and Josh( My big alter ego from the Russian class) Both are doing well. Eric is working at Mercedes now, making major dollars, and Josh is considering getting a teaching degree down in FLA.

My one Blog posting, nonpersonal lands in the musical realm. I have not been keeping up with much music lately. I beleive that not alot of good music is coming out. Thats a narrow view I know, but if you have suggestions let me know. One thing in the last few bands I have been noticing, is that the new bands are young. I told you guys some time ago about Avenged sevenfold from Cali. Thse boys were only 17 at their oldest, but churning out some mean hard rock/metal. I was listening a few days ago to Sirius 27 HardAtak and heard a song, "Shockwave" from a band called Blacktide. The lead singer sounds like the lead singer from Tesla, and I was sure it was a band comprised of old rockers. Well, I went to Wikipedia and found that this was a group of 14 and 15 year old churning out their fist album, on March 11th. I was shocked, but looking forward to more form this band. Another band I like is Three inches of blood. This is one of Slipknots members side band. I'm not sure which of the dudes is in it, but it RAWKS! There are two vocalists, which is awesome. One of the guys sounds like Rob Halford from Judas Priest. The other guy growl;s with the best of them. The reason I have not reported on rap as of late, is because I believe that there has been a death in the family. There is no new, good stuff coming out. 5o cent sold out, KaNYE NEEDS TO COME OUT, and the game has been played. Dre is due to come out with a new project, but its been talked about for two years now. Eminem is due out soon, but nothing more to talk about. Snoop has a new one, but the last album wasn't worth handling. Again, if anybody has any suggestions, I am open. I thank you for your attention.

No comments: