Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Jim&I - Coming to Huntsville and Atlanta!





Hi gang!


I was looking through some of my old photos and found these two. (My photos are still hidden, in waterproof bags, after last year's hurricane evacuation. I am just now getting some of them back out.) The first, one of my favorite pictures of Kenny and me, was taken in '95 at a wedding luncheon for our friend Allison. The second was New Year's at Nancy's. Not sure of the year. The important question from this photo: Who exactly were the designated drivers? Hard to tell, huh? Maybe we just all stayed there until we were sober again.

Well, Jim and I will be in Huntsville October 22 - 26. [HSV gang - I think we're free Tuesday or Wednesday night. If you just want to see me, I'm available during the day on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Sorry Jim!] Then, we're down to Albany, GA to visit Missy, Dan, and the girls that Friday. We'll be in Atlanta the weekend of Oct 28. Can anyone do lunch and/or dinner in Atlanta on Saturday, Oct 28.? (I think Sunday is full of stuff with his family, but I'll let you know if it turns out we're free.) We were thinking about this spot, at least for dinner: http://www.lethai.com/ It's an organic Thai restaurant in Tucker. (My new hobby is finding organic resturants when we travel. In an effort to make sure that I become the highest maintenance person I can, I've managed to figure out that I have several food sensitivities/allergies and that I do better when I don't eat food with pesticides. Kenny - I think I have Allison beaten now. Watching me order at a restaurant is a rare treat! "Does that have wheat or dairy? Can I have that on the side? Can I substitute ...?" Good thing that I'm so sweet ;) and a good tipper. I haven't managed to truly piss off a wait person yet!)

That weekend was supposed to be the Georgia Tech Hockey Alumni reunion game. We were going to invite everyone, especially Marc - last year's official unofficial photographer. However, the team forgot to book the ice, so now it's cancelled.

Hope to see you all soon!

2 comments:

--Marc Turnley--- said...

darn! we're going to be in h'ville on the weekend of the 28th (it's my mom's birthday).

Steve said...

Darn I'm going to be...well, Here that weekend! Tell missy and Dan I said hi though I haven't seen them in forever!ok, gotta go make other random posts...and add lots of periods to all my messages...