Thursday, January 11, 2007

Memories of Paul

Hey everyone, I don't know if you will remember Paul. He had flaming red hair(reminiscent of carrot top), loved his blue tick heeler that ate all the Christmas lights off his tree and used to tell stories of when he used to follow the Grateful Dead. He and his wife, Barbie, travelled with us to Mardi Gras in New Orleans the one year that we got that van and stayed in Slidell (I think, you know Marc was driving.) I know Marc, Barbara, Karen, Pete, Don, Marc's cousin, James and Jennifer were all there. Anyway, Paul passed away today at the age of 33. He was kayaking on New Year's day, flipped over and got wedged between two boulders and his friends couldn't get him freed quick enough. Although they performed CPR, he did not survive. I am not posting this to depress anyone (Paul wouldn't want that) but rather to show just how much our fleeting outings have meant to me. Be safe and if you do remember Paul think kind thoughts for his wife Barbie and their son Rowan.

2 comments:

--Marc Turnley--- said...

Wow. That's just too hard to believe.

Even though I'd lost contact with him since they moved away to N.C. he was a wonderful and free spirit.

Is there anything we can do for Barbi?

BruNance said...

I have sent a card, an email and called but the shock of it all and having to plan services and take care of a 3 year old would keep her busy. I'll keep calling and maybe I'll get word on what she would need.